This has led to one breakthrough after the other and has made China the unrivaled leader when it comes to technological advances as well as the quality of service of both Stem Cell as well as Immune Cell Therapies.
A. The origin of Embryonic Stem Cells:
The popular opinion that embryos are created in a Petry dish in order to harvest its stem cells is far from true. In reality, embryonic stem cells are taken from aborted fetuses or fertilized eggs that are left over from in vitro fertilization. Tissues that would otherwise be discarded, none of which would ever become a human being.
B. The answer to a prayer:
These stem cells are now becoming the answer to the prayer of patients otherwise doomed. Once diagnosed with liver or pancreatic cancer a patients one year survival chance with traditional methods is less than 3%, treated with the right amount of embryonic stem cells in a top ranking facility like the Beijing Great Wall International Cancer Center, the survival rate is above 80% for the first year and still 76% after 5 years. Now tell me if this is a worthwhile and moral undertaking?
C. The holy grail of youth and health:
If God has created and shown us the key to longevity, mental and physical health then this holy grail of “eternal” youth is definitely to be found in stem cell transplantation technology.
D. How safe are ESC’s?
Unfortunately few countries have developed the procedures like China to a degree where the patient’s safety is virtually guaranteed:
1. There have been no known toxic side effects since they started ESC treatments in the Beijing Great Wall International Cancer Center in clinical application in 2003, treating over 10,000 people.
2. All of the Stem Cells are processed under sterile surgical conditions and are only taken from fertilized eggs between 15 and 56 days old.
3. Processing each set of Stem Cells takes two months; during this time they are rigidly genetically tested for infectious diseases, heredity defects, and tissue problems to ensure safety in transplantation.
4. Over the two month, genetic testing process about 2/3 of Stem Cells are found to be unsuitable for treatments and are discarded.
5. The Stem Cells are frozen at the extremely low temperature of -196° Celsius and stored in liquid nitrogen to ensure their safety and that they do not mutate.
6. The cells are gradually restored to normal body temperature before the transplantation.
7. The patients receive a full range of diagnostic and clinical treatment as well as ongoing medical counseling after the treatment.
8. Stem Cell transplantation is a minimally invasive procedure involving only minor intervention in the patient’s body.
9. Unlike Adult Stem Cells, the Embryonic Cells they use CANNOT be rejected by the patient due to potential incompatibility.
By: Alexander Todea
Atlanta, Georgia USA